Making a positive difference in the lives of people, I lead and serve by creating an accessible, usable space for people to interact with digital content and systems to make their lives better.
- Digital measurement and analytics
- Digital and social media
- Strategic thinking and strategy development
- User experience, accessibility and usability strategy
- Stakeholder management
- Leadership and relationship building
Web Communications Consultant
Agricorp, Guelph, ON 01 / 2013 - Present
- Provided advice and communications expertise to support effective digital communications supporting the implementation of both internal and external and external communications plans.
- Provided ongoing content and issues management and resolution for public facing web presence.
- Responsible for digital communications measurement, implementing new analytics tracking across digital and print channels to prove a better than 100 per cent increase in online content readership.
Programme Director, Alpha
Central Church, Cambridge, ON 06 / 2016 – Present
- Responsible for all aspects of programme leadership and coordination, including public speaking, team building, coaching and mentoring, marketing, budgeting and fund-raising and day-to-day running of the programme.
Director of Communication
Clan Donald Southern Ontario, Cambridge, ON09 / 2013 – 08 / 2019
- Developed communications strategy, resources, and editorial calendars, as well as social media and web presence for new chapter.
International Association of Business Communicators, Waterloo, ON 10 / 2011 – 09 / 2013
- Developed communications strategy for events expansion to the Guelph area
- Developed solutions to resolve technical issues for web and social media integration.
Department of Psychology, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON 11 / 2004 - 01 / 2013
- Lead web technology change including a project to implement a CMS allowing faculty to highlight their area of research to increase enrolment and highlight research.
- Mentored student and faculty researchers in survey and project design, and authored end-user documentation for internal technology products and services.
Youth Ministry Coordinator
St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Cambridge, ON 01 / 2010 - 01 / 2012
- Supervised all aspects of youth ministry programme including volunteer recruitment and supervision, curriculum selection and classroom planning.
Campaign to Elect Jane Davidson Snider, North Dumfries, ON 06 / 2010 - 10 / 2010
- Developed campaign platform, and communications strategy, and resources for tactical implementation to support a municipal campaign candidate campaign.
- Monitored local media for issues relating to the campaign.
St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Cambridge, ON 09 / 2009 - 12 / 2012
- Developed communication products for promotion of church and its events, developed online presence and coached website administrator on content and CMS usage.
Change Analyst, Computing and Communications Services
Computing and Communication Services, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON 11 / 2006 - 05 / 2009
- Effectively created and implemented communications plans to support significant support service changes.
- Guided support team through an increase in customer contacts while maintaining support service with no increase in resources.
- Authored end user and technical staff documentation for a wide variety of products and services and provided classroom training support.
Flavours of Canada, Elora, ON 05 / 2004 - 08 / 2005
- Developed and managed web communications for national food campaign, which included implementing a custom content management and registration system
Central Church, Cambridge, ON 01 / 2003 - 08 / 2005
- Developed content, strategy site and information architecture including audio files of each week’s homily, attracting visitors (and donations) from around the globe.
Phone Project Team Member
University of Guelph, Computing and Communication Services, Guelph, ON 05 / 2003 - 11 / 2004
- Prepared and analysed phone data for bulk load into new telephone system
- Interacted with clients at all levels of the organisation to document potential functionality gaps and assisted clients with potential workarounds