Portfolio: Chrome extension
I designed and created this extension to allow a bookmarks folder to be managed as a quick access list of link to and help manage links found when diving a rabbit hole or doing research. Designed to ensure the user's data security by syncing links with an existing trusting sync service without requiring another service's account.
Goals for this project included being able to do basic management of a folder of links such as add, edit, delete and file bookmarks.
- A listing popup allows users to access and have basic management of the items they drop into their reading list including adding, editing, sorting, filing and deleting items
- An options page allows the customisation of the extension including selecting the folder location, font and colour, and how some features, such as whether they prefer to interact using context menus or buttons to manage list items
Process and approach
- The design process began with a need for a easy way to collect links without cluttering up bookmarks folder
- The discussions with users followed by ideation to set requirements for the MVP after ideation
- Planned for user research for new versions and developed MVP
This extension is available on the chrome web store